Failed to File Your Tax Return or Report Income Taxes?

unfiled tax returnsJust as April 15th has come and gone, so too has October 15th. Nearly everyone has filed last year's income tax return by one by of those two deadlines. Nearly. There are some folks who, for one reason or another, fail to file by April 15th and fail to get their return in by the final extension deadline in October as well.

In many cases of unfiled tax returns, the Internal Revenue Service will not file criminal charges. Instead, they prefer to allow you to file past-due tax returns that will bring you into compliance. The tax attorneys at the Cleveland offices of Robert J. Fedor, Esq., L.L.C. deliver individualized assistance to meet your specific needs and solve the tax problems in your situation.

Some people who have failed to file tax returns for years know the clock is ticking. They know that at some point or another, the IRS will knock on the door of their home or business. Rather than enduring the stress of waiting for that day to come, it makes more sense to take the initiative and go to the IRS with a desire to settle your tax bill.

Getting into compliance can help you avoid a number of financial problems such as tax liens, asset seizures, wage garnishment, and worst of all, possible arrest and conviction for tax evasion. As one Ohio newspaper columnist noted recently, "When all is said and done you are better off filing and paying your income taxes later than not at all."

If you have failed to file or failed to report income or failed to pay taxes owed, an experienced tax attorney can help you get the peace of mind you have been looking for. Please take a look at our page titled, "Effective Defense Against Failure To File Charges." It will explain a bit more about how Robert J. Fedor, Esq., L.L.C. can help you.

Contact Robert J. Fedor, Esq.